Thursday, December 16, 2010

Middle East Marathon Prep


Tomorrow I leave for a whirlwind tour of a small piece of the Middle East.  Beirut, Damascus, a couple spots in Jordan, a few spots in Israel, and a slice of Egypt will all be crammed into 3 short weeks.  The itinerary has been cut a bit short due to an Anna's Linens gig I booked a couple days ago that's filming in Los Angeles.  Since I'm covering a lot of ground in a hurry there is no one to impress with a wardrobe of clothes changes.  Although I'm no Rolf Potts, I do pride myself on packing light.  You always want to have some room for local purchases and forgetting something gives you the unique experience of buying toothpaste in Syria or underwear in Egypt... and honestly who doesn't like a nice pair of Egyptian underwear.  Here is a photo of everything that's going with me for 3 weeks and then one of it all stuffed in my backpack (minus the outfit on the left which im wearing on the plane). 

I'll be taking short videos from the journey and want to capture some insightful moments from the people outside of religious and political views.  My first thought was their opinions about relationships.  That horse has been beaten pretty good in the US with the likes of John Gray, Dr. Phil, and every other self proclaimed relationship expert; but what do the decedents of Cleopatra and King David have to say about the matter?  I'm going to gather ideas on the plane for questions in this line of dialogue and brainstorm other conversation threads on the plane.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Oh yeah warrior dash stuff..check it out! http://www.warriordash.com/register2011_socal.php

    ReplyDelete